Rules and Terms of Service
I'm not big on rules or telling people what to do, but... this is my server so I suppose there are a few limitations you should be aware of.
Now, obviously I'm big on free speech, as the domain name and general instance theme suggests. So I'm mainly interested in promoting discussion of philosophy, ethics, politics, really anything that floats your boat.
- Never eat yellow snow, trust me, its always urine.
- I don't care what your politics are, everyone is welcome here from AnCaps to Communists.
- Everyone here is on their own, no one gets special treatment, no one gets to be safe from critism. You are responsible for yourself.
- On a site that promotes political and philosophical discussion, I expect arguments to become heated sometimes. Try to sort that out yourselves, but if it looks like its becoming disruptive I'll remind the involved parties to keep it civil. If they don't, I'll take whatever action I feel is appropriate.
- Don't go around picking on people, its like, not cool, man.
- No excessive porno, this isn't a image sharing site. There are lots of places that focus on that, go to one of them if thats your thing. No judgement, this just isn't the place for it. Posting the odd dirty image won't be a problem so long as its not illegal stuff.
- Racism is super tricky, so lets just use some personal judgement here. If you are talking about sensitive topics regarding race, I'm looking mainly at intent here. If you are posting just to be harmful or insulting to people I'll call that racism and off you go. If you are talking about it in pretty much any other context, well, I call that discussion and its fine.
- Look, its all about intent here. You can pretty much say whatever you like so long as the intent is rational discussion. Someone might be offended and say that you are for/against something to cause harm, but I won't assume it unless it becomes clear to the contrary. If I'm made to think there may be a problem, I'll ask you about it before I do something. Someone being offended doesn't strike me as the end of the world so I error on the side of allowing things.
- I'm in Canada, and my government doesn't believe in free speech, we don't have a 1st ammendment to protect us here. In fact, we have a lot of nonsense "hate speech" laws here. Limitations on free speech enrage and disgust me, but they exist and are real, and do get enforced when the powers that be decide to forget that Democracy means "the people rule". Just keep that in mind, there isn't much I can do about that.
If you wish to contact me regarding what you feel is a violation or problem that may require my attention, feel free to contact me @email@example.com, you do NOT need to have an account on freespeech.host.
I'd like to be able to federate nicely with others, but I also understand that some servers are just not into open discussion of ideas that might not be popular. I don't want to get a reputation as a cesspool of hate and bigotry, but if some people can't take the heat then its ok for them to leave the kitchen.
This server is backed up to a remote site weekly. If something terrible happens, I'll get it back up ASAP but its possible there might be a few days of missing content. But otherwise, its intended to be a permanent site.